We don’t profess to be experts on reducing plastic waste, but we’re learning, and we’re doing what we can.
Here’s a few tips we’ve picked up along the way, and, it’s hardly rocket science, but we all need a little reminder now and again.
1. Bring your own shopping bags with you
2. Avoid plastic wrapped food in the supermarkets
3. Shop at farmers markets more often
4. Buy, and remember to take (!) a Keep Cup with you
5. Don’t use plastic straws
6. Buy a water bottle, and use it all the time
7. If you need to buy a drink, go for a glass bottle or a can
8. Recycle wherever you can
9. Reuse what plastic you have, rather than throwing it away
10. Use biodegradable, or re-useable zip lock bags
11. Get rid of cling wrap, and buy some beeswax wraps
Of course there’s lots more you can do, but if we all did even half of the above, the reduction in plastic waste would be enormous.
You’ve got to start somewhere.
What are you going to do today?